DirectScan Download and Installation
Download DirectScan Agent from the DirectScan prompt by clicking on ‘Get Direct Scan Agent’, or from the Content Central Download Page.
Install DirectScan Agent accordingly, from your Download Folder.
Verify and allow DirectScan Agent to keep running in the System Tray.
VIDEO: Download and Install DirectScan Agent
Login as user with ADD permissions in Content Central.
Click ‘Menu’ > ‘Capture New’ > ‘DirectScan’.
Select ‘Document Properties’.
- When selecting ‘Provide Later in the Coding Queue’, upon successful capture, the document is sent to the ‘Work Areas’ > ‘Coding Queue’
- When selecting ‘Provide Later in the Coding Queue’, user will be allowed to assign the Catalog and Document Type, and enter field values. Upon successful capture, the document is sent to the ‘Work Areas’ > ‘Coding Queue’
- When selecting ‘Provide Now’, user will be allowed to assign the Catalog and Document Type. Upon successful capture, the document is sent straight to Folder Browser > ‘Catalog’ Folder.
Select a ‘Catalog’ and a ‘Document Type’. Optionally, enter appropriate field values.
Select a Device.
- Click "OPTIONS" to show "Device" in the Capture Panel.
- Use ‘Local Files / Network Files’ to be able to capture a image file from a local folder. There will be a Pop-up Menu to navigate to the Image File to upload.
- User other Scanner Devices to be able to use an installed scanner device to scan your document. Only Scanner Device with installed TWAIN driver can be used for DirectScan.
Optionally, set other DirectScan options.
- Use fixed page count - When CHECKED, enter a ‘Fixed Page Count’, so that the document captured/uploaded will be split into multiple documents with each document having a total number of pages based on the page count entered. Example: For Fixed Page Count of '2', when capturing a 12 scanned pages, after a successful capture/upload, there will be 6 document total with each having 2 pages.
- Use Device Software - When CHECKED, a pop up menu of the scanner device software can be used.
Click ‘Start Capture’ icon. (Green icon found at the lower right corner of the capture page.) Based on the "Device" being used, appropriate pop-up menu will appear to guide you with the Capture Process.
Momentarily, captured/scanned pages will appear in the preview.
Optionally, the captured/scanned pages can be rotated or deleted.
Optionally, click ‘Start Capture’ icon to keep adding scanned pages into the preview.
When done, click ‘FINISH’ to upload the captured/scanned pages. A "Success" prompt should show.
Upon successful DirectScan capture, the document will be found in ‘Work Areas’ > ‘Coding Queue’ or Folder Browser Catalog Folder, depending on the ‘Document Properties’ or Coding Method selected.
- If 'Document Properties' is 'Provide Now', the scanned document will be sent to the Catalog Folder.
- If 'Document Properties' is 'Provide ... Later', the scanned document will be sent to the Work Areas > Coding Queue.
VIDEO: Using DirectScan Capture New
Capture New, DirectScan > Coding Queue > Catalog Folder
Capture New, DirectScan > Catalog Folder
<< END, by CHARLOTTE KING >>