In order to make IMAGE files that are already captured in Content Central to be Full Text Searchable, the IMAGE files must be processed for OCR using the 'Make Searchable' Operation in the Catalog Manager. You will need access to the Content Central server, and an Authorization Code obtained from Ademero Support. This operation can be resource intensive on the server and may slow the performance of your Content Central.
(note: The Authorization Code is only valid until 12 am EST the day after it was issued.)
1. Open Catalog Manager and select the catalog you wish to make searchable.
2. Open the drop-down menu at the bottom of the page and select ‘Make Searchable selected catalog’.
3. Click the ‘Go’ button.
4. Choose whether to ‘Convert to fully-searchable PDF’ or ‘Make fully-searchable but leave file in original form’.
a. If ‘Convert to fully-searchable PDF’ is selected, the IMAGE file will be converted into a Full-Text PDF File.
b. If ‘Make fully-searchable, but leave file in original form’ is selected, the IMAGE file will maintain the original file type while still making the document file fully-searchable.
5. Select file types to perform the action on.
6. Enter the Authorization Code.
7. Click the ‘OK’ button.