In order to create new Catalogs using the Catalog Manager, you will need access to the Content Central server. Catalog Wizard will add the selected Folder and all its files and sub-folders to a ‘Default’ document type belonging to the New Catalog within Content Central. The files will not be OCR’d or have any Field Values but can be accessed via the Folder Browser function in Content Central.
1. Open the Catalog Manager and click the ‘New’ button.
2. Give the catalog a Name, and a Description, then click the ‘Use Wizard…’ button.
3. Enter the Catalog Name and Description again, then click ‘Next’.
4. Click the ‘Add Folder…’ button and browse to the folder you wish to import into Content Central and click ‘OK’.
5. Select the ‘Destination Folder’ from the drop-down menu, then click ‘Next’.
6. UNCHECK the ‘Enable update schedule’ option and click ‘Next’.
7. Review your options on the summary page, confirming that ‘Add documents now’ is CHECKED and click ‘Finish’.
The documents will now be uploaded into Content Central, maintaining the folder structure that was present in the folder chosen in steps 4 and 5.
Configuration Manager is a Server Application for the configuration of Content Central. SQL Settings System Folders Active Directory License External Application Export Data System Folders Document Root Folder When a new Catalog is created, the set ...
Change the Catalog of a Document in Content Central
Unlike other fields, including the Document Type, it is not possible to change the Catalog of a Document in Content Central from the Properties list when viewing the file. However, it is possible to change the Document's Catalog by creating a ...
Catalog Manager: Make Searchable
In order to make IMAGE files that are already captured in Content Central to be Full Text Searchable, the IMAGE files must be processed for OCR using the 'Make Searchable' Operation in the Catalog Manager. You will need access to the Content Central ...
How to insert or replace a Content Central license key.
This guide will present how to replace or insert a new Content Central License Key. These instructions are valid for all Content Central versions. Please note that this is for on-premise solutions only. If Content Central is hosted with Ademero via ...
How to Create a New Document Type
Go to "Administration" Page. From the Menu Panel, click to select "Administration". Go to "Catalogs & Document Type". On the "Catalog" item, select a Catalog to create a new Document Type for. On the "Document Type" item, click "Create New". On the ...