In order to create new Catalogs using the Catalog Manager, you will need access to the Content Central server. Catalog Wizard will add the selected Folder and all its files and sub-folders to a ‘Default’ document type belonging to the New Catalog within Content Central. The files will not be OCR’d or have any Field Values but can be accessed via the Folder Browser function in Content Central.
1. Open the Catalog Manager and click the ‘New’ button.
2. Give the catalog a Name, and a Description, then click the ‘Use Wizard…’ button.
3. Enter the Catalog Name and Description again, then click ‘Next’.
4. Click the ‘Add Folder…’ button and browse to the folder you wish to import into Content Central and click ‘OK’.
5. Select the ‘Destination Folder’ from the drop-down menu, then click ‘Next’.
6. UNCHECK the ‘Enable update schedule’ option and click ‘Next’.
7. Review your options on the summary page, confirming that ‘Add documents now’ is CHECKED and click ‘Finish’.
The documents will now be uploaded into Content Central, maintaining the folder structure that was present in the folder chosen in steps 4 and 5.